This is the perfect healthy snack you can grab through the day or in the morning before your coffee, especially if you struggle to get breakfast in!
It contains no gluten, dairy or refined sugar and is loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats! For an easy to go breakfast, cut the banana bread into slices, pop in a ziplock bag and place in the freezer.
Grab one out in the morning and place in a sandwich press to warm up. Add with grass-fed butter or almond butter and a spoon of coconut yogurt for added healthy fats!
Green bananas: Don’t worry you won’t be able to tell you’ve used green bananas! When under ripe, these bananas are rich in resistant fiber and pectin which are great for digestive health and a balanced blood sugar. They also contain less sugar content then ripe bananas.
Hemp seeds: A great source of protein, fiber and omega-3! We need all three for supporting balanced hormones and regular digestion.
Buckwheat flour: A beautiful anti-inflammatory seed that is gluten free and provides a delicious nutty taste!
What You'll Need:
- 3 green bananas
- 3 eggs
- ¾ nut milk of choice
- ¼ raw honey or maple syrup
- ¼ coconut oil
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup mixed seeds and nuts of choice (pepita, sunflower, almonds, Brazil nuts or walnuts)
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large blender add in all wet ingredients including bananas, eggs, honey, coconut oil.
- Next add the dry ingredients including buckwheat flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin, add your seeds and nuts then gently stir in with a spoon.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Whether you're starting your day or craving a nutritious snack, this recipe brings a delightful twist to a classic favourite. Cheers to savouring the goodness with every bite!
Have a health-related recipe in mind that you'd love us to create? Share your ideas by sending us a DM here. We're all ears for your culinary inspirations!