Hands up if Snickers were one of your fave chocolate bars as a kid?! Well now you can enjoy this healthy remake that's even yummier!
Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. Add dates (natures caramel) and you’ve got the quickest, easiest Snickers style snack for you and the whole family!
1 punnet of medjool dates (225g)
Natural peanut butter (1⁄2 cup)
1 block 70% dark chocolate
Optional toppings - mixed nuts, coconut, goji berries, hemp seeds
1. On a large plate or baking tray lay down some baking paper.
2. Cut open dates and remove seeds. Lay on the plate either close to or on top of one another slightly. With your fingers press flat until you have a solid base with no holes.
3. Spread peanut butter across the entire base to the edges.
4. Melt chocolate either in a glass bowl in the microwave or on the stove top.
5. Once melted pour over the peanut butter & date base.
6. Sprinkle your toppings over and small pinch of salt.
7. Add the fridge for a couple of hours until chocolate is set. Cut up into squares and enjoy!