Nourishing meals are so important and there is nothing more healing to our gut than a warm meal to promote digestion and support our gut health! Lentil Dahl is the perfect recipe to make after a long day at work with minimal effort. Plus, it is loaded with healthy ingredients and tastes delicious!
Benefits of this Warming Dahl
Lentils are high in Coq10 which help support new cells and acts as an antioxidant. The rich and creamy coconut milk adds in a great dose of healthy fats. The added onions are high in quercetin, which is a potent antioxidant and great for the immune system! Plus, the golden goodness of turmeric acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory and helps maximise our gut and liver health.
This recipe is completely versatile by adding different herbs/ spices and vegetables to your liking!
- 350g red Lentils
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 3 onions diced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric
- 1 teaspoon organic paprika
- 350mls of water (add more once the lentils start to absorb water)
- 2 vegetable stock cubes or 1 tablespoon of broth
- Dice onions, add oil to pan and sauté in pan until translucent adding turmeric and paprika and stirring until combined.
- Rinse lentils and add water and lentils to the pan, stir to make sure all lentils are thoroughly cooked.
- Let boil until lentils are soft adding more water when needed.
- Add coconut milk and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes until fully combined.